[gnso-rds-pdp-wg] Working paper from the Berlin group

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Fri Mar 9 21:30:45 UTC 2018

Well said, Theo.

I take the point that Andrew makes that there is not new information here; that is true. Some, like Stephanie, have been advancing these arguments for years.

But when the status quo at ICANN is challenged by either governments, business, or non-commercial users, the two former more powerful voices are given significant deference in the outcomes of policy development, so, lacking the 'muscle' of financial power and state power, until now not everyone has been listening to these well-developed recommendations put forward by those with awareness of the privacy and data protection laws in many jurisdictions. One day, I hope we all start to listen.

Ayden