[Gnso-rpm-providers] Time Zone Rotation - 23:00 UTC?

Susan Payne susan.payne at valideus.com
Thu Feb 22 12:40:36 UTC 2018

Thanks for raising this Ariel.  I’m supportive of the notion of accommodating non-US (and particularly AsPac) participants and I’ll do my best to join any call at 11pm, provided I don’t have a conflict.  I hope others won’t take offence if I am a tad more grumpy than usual.

I’d love to see AsPac-friendly call rotations occasionally that were within the working day for Middle East and Europe even if that means it’s not so good for the US.  7am in the UK is 8/9/10 in Europe, 5pm I think in HK/SG/CN, would have West Coast US joining at 11pm for a change and is 2am on the East Coast US.  That’s no more unreasonable than routinely scheduling calls at 3 or 4am for those based in the time zones of Justine or I.   I do recognise this sub group isn’t the place where that’s going to happen given the small size and locations of the group, and I think the time you’ve identified is the most reasonable in the circumstances Ariel – it’s just a personal bugbear!

And I agree with Justine – hopefully we won’t need too many calls since this is a self-contained task and we can also progress work over email.

Susan Payne
Head of Legal Policy | Valideus Ltd

E: susan.payne at valideus.com<mailto:susan.payne at valideus.com>
D: +44 20 7421 8255