[Gnso-rpm-providers] Time Zone Rotation - 23:00 UTC?

Corwin, Philip pcorwin at verisign.com
Thu Feb 22 12:58:23 UTC 2018

No objection to a 2300 UTC call

Philip S. Corwin

Policy Counsel

VeriSign, Inc.

12061 Bluemont Way
Reston, VA 20190

703-948-4648/Direct

571-342-7489/Cell

From: Gnso-rpm-providers [mailto:gnso-rpm-providers-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Michael Karanicolas
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 7:56 AM
To: Ariel Liang <ariel.liang at icann.org>
Cc: gnso-rpm-providers at icann.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [Gnso-rpm-providers] Time Zone Rotation - 23:00 UTC?

I have no objection to including UTC 2300 within the rotation of times. Only fair for our APAC colleagues.

Best,

Michael

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 8:13 PM, Ariel Liang <ariel.liang at icann.org<mailto:ariel.liang at icann.org>> wrote:

   Hello everyone,

   Staff would like to ask your input on potential time zone rotation for the Providers Sub Team calls.

   Among the 11 people<https://community.icann.org/x/3BW8B> in the Sub Team (nine members + one observer + one WG Co-Chair), three people are located in the APAC time zone, two in Europe, and six in North/South America. The 18:00 UTC time is especially inconvenient for those in the APAC time zone.

   Would it be helpful that we hold the meeting at 23:00 UTC periodically? This would be 7am in Singapore/HK/ Kuala Lumpur, and 11pm in the UK. It is still not ideal, but it would be better than 18:00 UTC when APAC colleagues most likely could not attend.

   Of course, the frequency of the rotation depends on the number of future Sub Team meetings that we foresee. Perhaps we will gain more clarity after next week’s call.

   In the meantime, please let the group know whether holding meeting at 23:00 UTC would be feasible, and if so, whether we can do that for next week’s call. If not, do you have suggestions on alternative time?

   Thank you for your consideration!

   Best Regards,

   Ariel

   Ariel Xinyue Liang