[Gnso-rpm-providers] How to Structure ICANN62 Session

Ariel Liang ariel.liang at icann.org
Wed Jun 20 15:42:09 UTC 2018

Dear Providers Sub Team Members,

Staff touched based with Co-Chairs earlier today to discuss ICANN62 session planning. Per Co-Chairs’ direction, we are seeking advice on how you wish to structure the working session in Panama (Thu, 28 June at 10:30-12:00 local time). Again, all three Providers will be attending the session either in person or remotely.

If we may, staff would like to propose some suggestions:

  *   The session would use an interaction format, with Q&A between the Sub Team members and the Providers.
  *   There would be no formal presentations from the URS Providers; they are expected to provide further information/clarification, if needed, as the Sub Team goes through their responses.
  *   Option A:
     *   Sub Team will first ask the Providers to address the follow up questions developed in the previous call;
     *   Sub Team will then pick up from where we left and continue going through the responses based on the order in the spreadsheet (starting from row 20);
     *   Staff will display the spreadsheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I-qe_I4OkQT7IU_rjHMQVa9Ebj8Ik6vay1vr5Yt9ZIg/edit?usp=sharing> that contains the full responses from the Providers on the screen, with no additional slides.
  *   Option B:
     *   Sub Team will focus on reviewing the questions with divergent/different responses from the Providers (50 questions total);
     *   Staff are happy to develop some slides (e.g., with high-level points summarizing the divergent responses for each question) to display on the screen to facilitate the discussions. However, Sub Team members should still reference the spreadsheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1I-qe_I4OkQT7IU_rjHMQVa9Ebj8Ik6vay1vr5Yt9ZIg/edit?usp=sharing> on their own laptops for the full responses.

At your earliest convenience, please be so kind to provide your preference for Option A or Option B, as well as additional ideas if any, so staff could relay the information/expectations to the Providers to assist their participation in the Sub Team working session at ICANN62. Thank you for your input!

Best Regards,
Mary, Julie, Ariel, and Berry