[gnso-rpm-wg] For Members only: poll on a half or full day meeting at ICANN57

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Jul 21 23:53:28 UTC 2016

Dear Members,

As noted during the Working Group call last Wednesday, it may be possible for GNSO PDP Working Groups to conduct either a half-day (4 hours) or full-day face-to-face meeting at ICANN57. These F2F meetings do not replace the “traditional” 60- or 90-minute open meetings that all Working Groups normally conduct at ICANN Public Meetings; rather, the idea of a F2F meeting is to provide a Working Group that is at an appropriate phase in its work with the additional time to focus more intensively on its deliberations, in a closed setting, so as to facilitate consensus building and effective outcomes.

Quite a few Members who attended the call last Wednesday agreed that there seems not to be a pressing need for our Working Group to have such a closed, intensive session at ICANN57. However, to allow all Members the chance to weigh in, staff has created the following poll: http://doodle.com/poll/eu2rt7uuw446srp6.

We will appreciate it if you can fill out the poll at your earliest convenience, noting that it is intended for Members only and that, if a F2F meeting is to take place, it will likely be on Thursday 3 November and remote participation facilities will be made available to those who are not there in person. However, no travel funding will be provided for this specific purpose. Please note also that not conducting a F2F meeting at this time will not prejudice or affect any future decision by the GNSO Council regarding whether and when we might have such a meeting – perhaps at ICANN58 (March 2017) or ICANN59 (June 2017).

Thanks very much.

Cheers
Mary

Mary Wong