[gnso-rpm-wg] FOR REVIEW & DISCUSSION: Draft collated proposal for Sunrise-related data collection

Kurt Pritz kurt at kjpritz.com
Wed Aug 9 16:28:14 UTC 2017

Jeremy:

The six or so paragraphs that I wrote previous to the one you chose to “snip” explained that there has been no evidence-based determination that supports elimination of Sunrise. The evidence I have seen to date indicates the opposite to me.

Merely citing low usage does, without more (e.g., a frame of reference, usage goals, some indication by brands) does not make a case for abolishing the practice.

To restate the practicalities: When seeking to overturn a 17-year-old practice (or longer) that has been endorsed uniformly by governments and others, we should come with stronger arguments than what has been presented.

Kurt