[GNSO-RPM-WG] Public Comment Analysis Summary Document - URS Proposals 1-3, 6, 11, 13, 15, 22, 26

claudio di gangi ipcdigangi at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 05:20:47 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I wasn’t on this call when Proposal #6 was discussed by the WG for
potential preservation for further WG consideration.

>From my reading of the transcript, and the summary of the public comments
as produced/reviewed by staff and the sub-teams, there appears to be a
major misunderstanding of the intent of proposal #6. I have a sense that
folks think the proposal is seeking to do a lot more than what it is
actually seeking to accomplish (perhaps based on the wording of the
proposal).

I am basing my interpretation of this confusion on the following: 1) my
personal review of the public comments; 2) the apparent assessment made by
Paul McGrady that the proposal should “die on the vine” - based on a
rationale that I believe reflects a misunderstanding of the proposal (in
contrast, it terms of the CSG constituencies, the proposal is supported by
the IPC and BC); and 3) during this last WG meeting, the analysis comments
made by Phil as co-chair concerning the analysis of the public comments
(which, as I stated above, many of the public comments appear to be based
on a misunderstanding of the proposal); and 4) the comments made by Lori
along the lines of “let’s put this proposal out it’s misery” (in contrast,
the proposal is supported by the IPC and BC, and is based on a previous
INTA recommendation).

As an aside, this experience leaves me with the sense that if a proponent
isn’t on a call for an individual proposal discussion, and it’s easy to
skip on to the next, it probably a good idea to do so.

In conclusion, I am expecting/hoping to get a chance to clarify the
confusion on this proposal on the next call and for the time being to leave
this item open for further review.

Cheers,
Claudio