[Gnso-subteam0b-policyimpl] MP3 Policy and Implementation Principles Sub Team - Thursday 16 January 2014

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Thu Jan 16 22:50:22 UTC 2014

Dear All,

The next Policy and Implementation Principles Sub-Team is scheduled for  Thursday 23 January 2014 at 2100 UTC for 90 minutes.

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Working Principles Sub-Team call held on Thursday 16 January 2014 at 21:00 UTC:

https://icann.box.com/shared/static/db48tii1okzvod3htaby.mp3

Attendees:
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - ALAC
Chuck Gomes- RySG
Nic Steinbach- RrSG
Michael Graham - IPC
Alan Greenberg - At-Large
Avri Doria - NCSG
Tom Barrett - RrSG

 Apology:
J.Scott Evans - BC

ICANN staff:
Mary Wong
Nathalie Peregrine

Wiki page:https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 16 January 2014:

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Welcome to the Policy & Implementation Principles (0B) Sub-Team meeting on the 16th January 2014 at 21:00 UTC

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:understood Nic

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes Michael we could expand text toclarify

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:add it elsewhere

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:either works but prefer -

  Nic Steinbach:if you ordered it that way you could get rid of "the process"

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Alan Greenberg has joined the AC room

  Alan Greenberg:Listening but on in a moment

  Michael Graham -- Gnosis IP:Policy Development Processes must function in a bottom-up manner, and the process must not be conducted in a top-down manner and then imposed on stakeholders, although an exceptio may be made in emergency cases . . .

  Alan Greenberg:Will be on in a moment. Will have a comment

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yup itcomes out of matters identified in Imp   this goes to Michaels earlier point

  Michael Graham -- Gnosis IP:Trying to pull it into a single sentence and relate all three elements. ("exception")

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Alan is on the birdge

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ergh

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:to what Alan lssharing

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:footnote works but deffinition needs to go back to deffinitios list/st at least for ratification

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Avri Doria has joined the room

  Avri Doria:Apologies.  I forgot.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:exactly Michael

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:~could we use thetermChartering Organisation?

  Avri Doria:i cant read the screen at all

  Avri Doria:i can when i do full screen.

  Avri Doria:for any policy we don't have.  i think this answer must be imposed.

  Avri Doria:any policy we dont have we will create.

  Avri Doria:nd the general principle is it comes back to the group that made the policy

  Avri Doria:otherwise. they could decide tthat it only related to some other group and the gnso never even gets notified.  it MUST come back to the GNSO

  Alan Greenberg:Mary, I think that we need to take the "In all cases..."  phrase and make it s single bullt.

  Avri Doria:CLO, if this was a general policy, i would agree.

  Mary Wong 2:Alan, are you referring to the new third bullet I just created?

  Alan Greenberg:No, the in all cases one. That is the simple part that none of us are debating.

  Avri Doria:that is why it comes back to the council

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Nathalie switching to mobile now dial out in say 2 mins

  Nathalie  Peregrine:ok thanks Cheryl

  Nathalie  Peregrine:We're trying to dial out to Cheryl's mobile and getting voicemail, I will let you know when she is back on the bridge

  Michael Graham -- Gnosis IP:I'm going to have to sign off -- will check the MP3.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Cheryl is back on

  Michael Graham -- Gnosis IP:I believe the Principle should be generally that the Implementation Process should not address Policy issues that may arise during their work.  Sorry I have to go --

  Avri Doria:i think it is a fantasy that issue werren't discussed.  the understanidng is usually missing.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Tom Barrett has joined the AC room

  Nic Steinbach:I am going to have to step away for 10 minutes, but will remain in the room.

  Avri Doria:anything that is not derivative may mean it needs to be added to the chapeau

  Avri Doria:assuming i dont forget and get there late enough to only have an hour