[ICANN-CSC] [Ext] Re: November 2018 IANA Naming Function Performance Report

Naela Sarras naela.sarras at iana.org
Wed Dec 12 22:12:49 UTC 2018

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for your email and my apologies about the late reply. I was out of the office earlier this week.

We also took note of time to process requests in the Label Generation Rulsets section this month. There are several factors that contribute to this:

1. There is currently no SLA associated with this work so unfortunately it does not have the same priority as the SLA driven work

2. Up until recently, only one person on the team was trained to handle the uploading and deletion of LGR tables to the IANA webpage. This has been remedied recently with training a second person to do the work.

3. The process to review and implement the LGR rulesets is highly manual. We are in the process of designing tools to automate some of the work to upload and publish the LGRs. This work has been prioritized for development team in anticipation of new SLAs being created for LGR processing.

I hope this helps. I think when it comes time to set the SLA, we should certainly take note of #’s 2&3 above and design the SLA threshold to account for those factors.

Best regards,

Naela