[IOT] Some IRP comments treatment for Frist Reading

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Thu May 18 03:39:50 UTC 2017

I would balance that hypothetical risk against all that we would lose with
regard to knowledge and experience if we have but a single five-year term
for each panelist.  I would also be more optimistic about the integrity of
panelists, their understanding that impartiality and independence is
integral to the position, and their desire to execute their duties to the
best of their ability.  I would also consider that this is not their only
gig.

I would also consider the fact that any panelist seeking reappointment
would have to be approved by the SO/ACs and not merely by ICANN, so any
appearance of sucking up to ICANN could be counterproductive.

Do we have any reason to believe or evidence that points to the current
crop of panelists pandering to ICANN?  They seem like a pretty independent
bunch to me.

I suppose one compromise could be a single 10-year term.  Thoughts?

Greg

*Greg Shatan *C: 917-816-6428
S: gsshatan
gregshatanipc at gmail.com