[IPC-GNSO] CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST: ICANN54 CSG Activities Coordination Team

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 20:12:16 UTC 2015

A general note on what this might entail, with the caveat that while I have
been involved in CSG planning, I was not involved in CSG planning the last
time IPC took the lead, so further recollections/predictions are welcome:

   - Confirming/adjusting times of events
   - Establishing and confirming locations and set-up details of events
   (size of room, # of seats, type of table/seating set-up, etc.)
   - Setting agendas for meetings (including considering/anticipating "hot
   topics," balancing admin vs. substance vs. guests, etc.)
   - Inviting and coordinating with guest speakers, including getting
   presentation "slide decks", confirming names, times, places, etc.
   - Planning breakfast and coordinating with ALAC
   - Coordinating with remote participation and potentially helping with
   Adobe Connect
   - Coordinating with ICANN meeting and policy support staff on the above
   - Coordinating topics and approach for Board Roundtable
   - Coordinating with CSG Executive Committee and BC and ISPCP
   leadership/contacts on all the above (and obviously with IPC leadership,
   but IPC leadership will be represented on team)
   - Doublechecking everything in advance and on site
   - Arriving early at events (other than Board Roundtable) to help set up
   and confirm that all elements are in place and working
   - Being proactive, responsive, detail-oriented, big picture-oriented,
   and perceptive; delegating, accepting delegation, worrying, making
   last-minute adjustments, staying ahead of the curve, etc.

Hope that helps!

Greg