[Neobrahmigp] Draft Devanagari LGR

Dr. G. S. Lehal (ਗੁਰਪ੍ਰੀਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਲਹਿਲ) gslehal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 13:56:30 UTC 2017

Good job Akshat. Now ball is in our court to develop LGR proposal for
Gurmukhi, taking your document as a reference point.

On Fri, Aug 4, 2017 at 5:57 PM, Akshat Joshi <akshatj at cdac.in> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Please find attached, draft LGR document for Devanagari.
> Request all to give the feedback on the same so that it can be finally
> modified for sending across to the Integration Panel for comments.
>
> There are two things that I have marked in red in the document.
> 1. The name of the accompanying XML file which we will finalize after the
> finalization of the LGR rules and repertoire. You may please ignore that
> for now.
> 2. Some of the languages which are yet to be taken into account
>
> Apart from that, I have taken into consideration the feedback received for
> Nepali and Newari . Only the Variants have not been taken into account as
> they conflict with the "No confusingly similar cases as Variants" policy of
> LGR Procedure. I will separately reply to the proposed variants in Nepali
> and Newari. However, some such cases pertaining to Santhali have been
> added to the Variant table. We can discuss the same over the mails. If
> required, will make further changes if needed.
>
> Major changes done to the document are:
> 1. Akshar formation rules have been simplified and inapplicable cases have
> been removed e.g. Avagraha and Digits
> 2. Anusvara and Chandrabindu have been made separate categories as
> discussed in the Kathmandu F2F meet.
> 3. Santhali nukta requirements have been incorporated and the WLE section
> has been modified accordingly.
> 4. List of languages has been modified as per the EGIDS scale 1 to 4
> 5. Guiding principles have been added for code-point selection
> 6. Code-points as required by Sindhi and Kashmiri have been added
>

> --
> Regards,
> Akshat Joshi

> [ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]
>
> This e-mail is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
> contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
> all copies and the original message. Any unauthorized review, use,
> disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email
> is strictly prohibited and appropriate legal action will be taken.

Dr. Gurpreet Singh Lehal,
Professor, Department of Computer Science
Dean, Faculty of Computing Sciences
Director,  Research Centre for Punjabi Language Technology,
Punjabi University, Patiala.
India-147002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurpreet_Singh_Lehal

Phone : +91-9815473767 (M)