[Neobrahmigp] [Ext] Malayalam additional cross script variant code points

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana pitinan.koo at icann.org
Thu Aug 2 13:41:54 UTC 2018

Dear Veena,

Please find attached the updated Malayalam LGR Proposal as per our discussion. It is version 1.2 dated 2018-09-02.

List of attachment:
1. Malayalam LGR proposal (Malayalam_LGR_20180802.docx)
2. Response to IP feedback (IP-Response-Malayalam-LGR-20180511-IP-PK.docx)

Main modifications are:
1. Add two sets of Malayalam-Myanmar cross-script variant.
2. Add NBGP cross script variant analysis principle as Appendix D.
3. Add singleton variant text in Malayalam-Oriya cross-script variant section.
4. Revise references and their citations.
5. Add confusable cases with Myanmar,  and Latin for S case in appendix B.

Remaining IP feedback item for your action:
1. Add explanation about how does "CHILLU" relate to "CHILLAKSHARAM" and "SAMVRUTHOKARAM”?
2. Decide if the LGR should disallow 0D7B + Halant due to rendering issue.

Kindly review and finalize. Once it is finalized, please share back to me for the XML updates.

Regards,
Pitinan