[Neobrahmigp] NBGP - Sinhala variant comparison

Pitinan Kooarmornpatana pitinan.koo at icann.org
Tue Nov 13 10:00:25 UTC 2018

Dear NBGP members,

Please find below the comparisons of variant analysis between NBGP LGR proposals and Sinhala proposal. Some analyses are significantly different e.g.  the Kannada-Sinhala and Telugu-Sinhala.

We’d like to request the NBGP to share some comments on these cases via the public comment mechanism of Sinhala LGR at https://www.icann.org/public-comments/sinhala-lgr-2018-10-02-en. Please note that the public comment period is closing tomorrow (14 Nov.)

Devanagari - Sinhala
Devanagari Code Point

Sinhala Code Point

In Devanagari LGR Proposal

In Sinhala LGR proposal

Decision/Action

ः (U+0903)

ඃ (U+0D83)

Confusable

Confusable

Gurmukhi - Sinhala
N/A

Gujarati - Sinhala
Gujarati Code Point

Sinhala Code Point

In Gujarati LGR Proposal

In Sinhala LGR proposal

Decision/Action

ः (U+0A83)

ඃ (U+0D83)

This is not mentioned

Confusable

Kannada - Sinhala
Kannada Code Point

Sinhala Code Point

In Kannada LGR Proposal

In Sinhala LGR proposal

Decision/Action

ಂ (U+0C82)

ං (U+0D82)

Variant

Confusable

ಃ (U+0C83)

ඃ (U+0D83)

Variant

Confusable

ರ (U+0CB0)

ර(U+0DBB)

Variant

This is not mentioned

Telugu - Sinhala
Telugu Code Point

Sinhala Code Point

In Telugu LGR Proposal

In Sinhala LGR proposal

Decision/Action

ం (0C02)

ං (U+0D82)

Variant

Confusable

ః (0C03)

ඃ (U+0D83)

Variant

Confusable

ర (0C30)

ර(U+0DBB)

Variant

This is not mentioned

Oriya - Sinhala
            N/A

Tamil - Sinhala
N/A

Malayalam - Sinhala
Malayalam Code Point

Sinhala Code Point

In Malayalam LGR Proposal

In Sinhala LGR proposal

Decision/Action

ം (0D02)

ං (U+0D82)

Too few identical code points - not variants

Confusable

ഃ (0D03)

ඃ (U+0D83)

Too few identical code points - not variants

Confusable

ഗ (U+0D17)

ග (U+0D9C)

This is not mentioned

Confusable

ശ (U+0D36)

ශ (U+0DC1)

This is not mentioned

Confusable

ം (U+0D3E)

ා (U+0DCF)

This is not mentioned

Confusable

Kindly let us know if we could be of any assistance.

Regards,
Pitinan