[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] Priority of recommendations & Preps for final consensus call

Alice Jansen alice.jansen at icann.org
Thu Aug 23 14:00:51 UTC 2018

Dear RDS-WHOIS2 Leaders,
This is to flag that priority of recommendations stills needs to be discussed and agreed upon. Attached to this email you will find the table of recommendations where we have reported priority level penholders have suggested. As you can see, there is no suggested priority level for a number of recommendations.
In addition to agreeing on nomenclature to use (e.g. low – medium – high), the team needs to consider the big picture (i.e. all recommendations) and determine which ones should be given priority. We suggest reviewing and reaching team consensus on this on 27 August plenary call.
In terms of preparations for final consensus call (this Monday), we have no comments submitted beyond Dmitry's typo and some minor edits on the Executive Summary from you, Alan and Erika. Our suggestion would be to have a section-by-section last call for substantive comments or objections to the recommendations in the sections. Given 15 subgroup-produced sections plus Exec Summary, 5 minutes per section will be the pace we should aim for, leaving time for prioritization and adoption of the report.
Thanks,
Kind regards
Alice