[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] URGENT: Recommendation 5.1

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Dec 15 20:29:33 UTC 2018

I am working on a re-write of R5.1, the one that Cathrin had drafted
and Volker objected to.

I found the original discussion on R5.1 on Page 71-95 of the Day 1
morning transcript
(https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/90773039/rds-plenary-43-f2f-day1-am-session-10dec18-en.pdf).

At the very end, I say "Okay. So a recommendation saying we must have
some level of contactability/accuracy monitoring, [give us a] high
level of confidence in the data. And the issue that we have to put on
hold somewhere further is resourcing of Compliance if necessary."

However, that is not the discussion where Cathrin was talking about
accuracy under GDPR nor where we asked her to draft something. There
are no transcripts published after Day 1, and even if there were, I
cannot recall exactly how or when we got back onto the topic of R5.1.

Can anyone help me find the appropriate part of the meeting so I can
review exactly what was said?

Alan