[RDS-WHOIS2-RT-Leadership_Staff] Interview

Susan Kawaguchi susankpolicy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 16:03:46 UTC 2018

Please see my comments in the thread below.

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 5:22 PM Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> Possible answers.
>

> At 21/10/2018 05:40 PM, Alan Greenberg wrote:
>
> Thanks. See below.
>
> At 21/10/2018 03:16 AM, Jean-Baptiste Deroulez wrote:
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> Thank you for your email. We had included suggested questions in the
> invitation, see below:
>

> *We’re planning on asking the following suggested questions (below).
> We’ve also included a suggested max time in which to answer each
> question. These are merely suggestions in an effort to keep the video under
> 3 minutes as people tend not to watch videos over this length. Having said
> that, ultimately the video will be as long as you need to address the
> following questions:   *·                    *What is the overall focus
> of the RDS-WHOIS2 Review? (For those who are not intimately familiar with
> the RDS-WHOIS2 Review)- (10 sec).*
>

> Review implementation of first WHOIS-RT Recommendations is the first
> mandatory requirement. In addition, among the other areas we are looking at
> are a review of all new policies implemented since the lat review and the
> relationship between RDS/WHOIS and Law Enforcement activities; and a new
> review of a number of aspects of Contractual Compliance
>
> ·                    *In which stage/process is the review right now? -
> (10 sec).*
>

> We have largely finished our analysis and have drafted our
> recommendations. We are looking forward to the input we receive to further
> refine out conclusions and recommendations.
>
> ·                     *What did the review focus on, and what are the
> key findings? - (60 sec).*
>
>                          What are the key Review findings?
>

> I would drop the first half. It is redundant with the 1stt question and
> will allow more time for the answer to the 2nd part.
>

> During our review of the last RT's recommendations, we have concluded that
> just half of them have been fully implemented and for the other half, there
> are significant areas where the implementations were somewhat lacking. Our
> survey of law enforcement use of RDS/WHOIS has provided information that
> was to our knowledge previously unexplored. In regard to Compliance, we
> found that ICANN's Contractual Compliance has very significantly improved
> over the last years, but we believe that there is still lots of room for
> improvement.
>

> ·                     *What are the key draft recommendations that
> result from the RDS-WHOIS2 Review? – (90 sec).*
>

> Can you give us some examples of the key draft recommendations that result
> from this review. Or perhaps can you give us a few examples of the
> recommendation in your draft review.
>
>               We should reference Recommendation 1.2 - To support this
mechanism, the ICANN Board should instruct the ICANN Organization to assign
responsibility for monitoring legislative and policy development around the
world and to provide regular updates to the Board.