[rssac-caucus] NSID or other identifying support by rootops?

Jaap Akkerhuis jaap at NLnetLabs.nl
Mon Sep 21 19:27:01 UTC 2015

 Paul Hoffman writes:

 > Greetings again. In a definitely non-exhaustive survey, it appears that F,
 > H, K, and L respond to the EDN0 NSID (RFC 5001) query.
 >
 > 1) Are there others that do so, at least on some of their hosts?

I think at least I does.

 > 2) Are there rootops who do per-host identification in some other way?

I seem to remember that K answers the usual CHAOS hostname.bind queries, other might do
as well. And vaguely remembers others to do so.

 > 3) Is this an appropriate topic for the RSSAC Caucus?

I'm not sure where you hint at. Is there something to discuss here?

	jaap