[tz] Busingen revisited

Steffen Daode Nurpmeso sdaoden at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 18:22:14 UTC 2013

Ian Abbott <abbotti at mev.co.uk> wrote:
 |On 2013-01-09 14:47, Derick Rethans wrote:
 |> On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Sascha Wildner wrote:

 |... 3166-1,
 |>>
 |>> See &uuml; comment above.

 |... 64-aa5902cd58d3">
 |... cd58d3
 |>>
 |>> And here.

 |> And the one here above I would say? The "correct" transliteration with
 |> be Europe/Buesingen.
 |
 |By the same rule, the "correct" transliteration of Europe/Zurich would
 |be Europe/Zuerich, wouldn't it?  But we're using English zone names

That is true in theory, but the swiss people are more relaxed in
respect to their friendliness to the english speaking, and afaik.
E.g., the Zürich Insurance renamed *themselve* to Zurich; i have
a CD from »The Zurich String Quintet« (though they seem not to
know exactly how to call themselves).

 |rather than transliterated zone names and I think either "Buesingen" or
 |"Busingen" would do for the English name.  I've seen both used in a
 |quick Google search, and the English Wikipedia redirects both spellings
 |to "Büsingen".

Not that i really care, since these names are not ment for end
users, as has been clarified multiple times in the last months…
Maybe you are just ahead of our time.
I'm against any mutilation of the German language, on principle.

 |--
 |-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>        )=-
 |-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587         )=-

--steffen