[tz] Epic fail for DST fallback in hospital health records

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 8 20:43:03 UTC 2018

On 11/8/18 1:21 AM, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
> There were overnight trains then: the sleepers.

There still are: GWR's Night Riviera, Serco's Caledonian Sleeper, and
(if you're wealthy) Belmond's Royal Scotsman. I rode a sleeper from
London to Edinburgh long ago and would like to do it again some time if
Serco ever gets their act together:

Murray P. New Caledonian Sleeper trains slip to May next year. Inverness
Courier. 2018-10-01.
https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/News/New-Caledonian-Sleeper-trains-slip-to-May-next-year-01102018.htm

I just now tried to schedule a slot in the Caledonian Sleeper from
London Euston to Edinburgh Waverley arriving Sunday, 2019-10-27, which
could be an interesting date given the disputes over Brexit and EU DST.
Unfortunately for my experiment, that train doesn't operate Sunday
mornings - which is perhaps the simplest way for a sleeper train
operator to address the issue.