[UA-discuss] Election update...

Lars Steffen lars.steffen at eco.de
Fri Feb 24 09:36:34 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Congratulations to all nominees. Regarding the proposal to appoint all nominees as Vice-Chairs: I relate to the idea and the intentions behind the proposal, however I cannot support it.

The UASG drafted its own Charter. The UASG Elections are executed under the rules of the Charter and the Charter allows one Chair and two to three Vice-Chairs. According to the Charter, the Steering Group, Chair and Vice-Chairs are also given the task to „maintain the Charter“.

I am working for the Internet Association eco, which is involved in a leading role at the Cross Community Working Group on Enhancing ICANN Accountability. Through this I am committed to ask for transparency, accountability and sticking to the rules and regulations we have given ourselves. Every deviation would erode the value of our Charter and our own personal credibility in the community.

Against this background I ask to proceed the election process as Don announced on 23 February 2017 with an election of up to three Vice-Chairs from  the group of candidates who accepted their nomination.

Thank you,
Lars