[IAG-WHOIS conflicts] Discussion paper for 1 April 2015 meeting

Jamie Hedlund jamie.hedlund at icann.org
Tue Mar 31 21:17:08 UTC 2015

Steve,

Thanks for pointing out the overlap. You are absolutely correct on all
points. The discussion paper tries to tee up for discussion whether a
package of verification elements that did not include notice of a process
against an operator could meet the "credible demonstration of legal
prevention" threshold. That package might include advice from the relevant
GAC member, opinion from the ICANN GC, evidence of enforcement or intent to
enforce the conflicting national privacy law, public comment and/or
something else. Hope that makes sense.

Look forward to tomorrow¹s call. Thanks.

Best,
Jamie

Jamie Hedlund
VP, Strategic Programs