[IAG-WHOIS conflicts] Dual Trigger Proposal

Christopher Wilkinson cw at christopherwilkinson.eu
Sun May 24 18:09:26 UTC 2015

ICANN was set up to act as the competition regulator for the DNS.
(I was present at the critical meeting between the EU Competition Directorate General and the then President of ICANN)
For several years that worked. Much less so now.

This is why - inter alia - I fundamentally deplore the 'vertical integration' decisions associated with the new gTLDs.

CW