[WP1] Comment on various discussion of membership model

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:51:19 UTC 2015

Paul,

I think this is a little different than past thoughts on membership.  What
is being considered here is that current ICANN entities (e.g.,
SO/AC/SG/C/RALO organizations) would themselves be the members.  This has
its issues, but it probably avoids most if not all the issues you cite.
Further, I don't think anyone is looking to change the current open
participatory model.

Best regards,

Greg Shatan

Apologies for brevity.

*Gregory S. Shatan **ï* *Abelman Frayne & Schwab*

*Partner* *| IP | Technology | Media | Internet*

*666 Third Avenue | New York, NY 10017-5621*

*Direct*  212-885-9253 *| **Main* 212-949-9022

*Fax*  212-949-9190 *|* *Cell *917-816-6428

*gsshatan at lawabel.com <gsshatan at lawabel.com>*

*ICANN-related: gregshatanipc at gmail.com <gregshatanipc at gmail.com>*

*www.lawabel.com <http://www.lawabel.com/>*