[WP2] this is the document we'll use for our discussion of the IRP

Malcolm Hutty malcolm at linx.net
Thu Jul 23 10:55:44 UTC 2015

On 22/07/2015 23:56, Greg Shatan wrote:
> This is merely a first draft, and more to demonstrate that it is manageable task we have to revise the Bylaws appropriately.

Please find attached my proposed revisions.

As well as track changes, I have included justifications in the comments
balloons.

I also have two questions:

* Why is the Sole Member selected as the vehicle for community-initiated
IRP? Wouldn't a more response community entity be more appropriate? Some
IRP challenges may be entirely irrelevant to some parts of the community
represented in the Sole Member - what does ASO care about .africa, for
example?

* When you say that ICANN should pay for "all aspects" of the IRP, what
do you mean? Do you intend ICANN to pay applicants legal bills?

Malcolm.

--
            Malcolm Hutty | tel: +44 20 7645 3523
   Head of Public Affairs | Read the LINX Public Affairs blog

                 London Internet Exchange Ltd
           21-27 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY

         Company Registered in England No. 3137929