[Wp4] CCWG - WP4 Poll on referencing existing documents

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Wed Oct 7 09:19:19 UTC 2015

I'm actually more with Paul Twomey. Here's my thinking.

The UDHR is a world-wide, universally respected statement of basic human
rights.

Including a vague committement to 'human rights' might be later
interpreted to mean ICANN was committed to something we haven't even
considered.

But the important thing is this: that we include the qualifier that the
committment is in the context of ICANN's specified mission, and not wider.