[Wp4] Discrete issue: Which bylaws formulation

Matthew Shears mshears at cdt.org
Mon Oct 12 22:10:44 UTC 2015

So if one were to draw an "option" for the CCWG to consider from the WP
poll (Q1 where there was greatest Delta between yes and no) it would be
a reference to human rights in the bylaws without any reference to a
particular document.

That seems to correlate largely with option 2 in the proposal which also
had the greatest support:

/Within its mission and in it operations, ICANN will be committed to
respect internationally recognized fundamental human rights./

If so does that suggest that one could consider the WP poll an indicator
of additional support for that option?  (Although the words
"internationally" and "fundamental" still cause me indigestion.)

Matthew

mshears at cdt.org
+ 44 771 247 2987

---