[Wp4] Human Rights Briefing and Discussion paper.docx - Invitation to comment

Nigel Roberts nigel at channelisles.net
Mon Sep 7 07:42:26 UTC 2015

Greg

Thanks for doing this.

As you correctly say, this is a starting point.

And the point of a starting point is that you need to start.

Rehearsing Dr Lisse once more: I regret that, I have a day job.

It's a reason -- but not an excuse -- for the fact I didn't do this yet.
But also, I didn't wish to opine in a vacuum, so I find it really
helpful to have the impetus of at least one person to engage with.

I think that given the recent pushback from the ICANN-the-corporation
(i.e. the Board-staff axis) against the work of the accountability WG,
that getting a commitment to incorporate a comittment to uphold H/F
rights within ICANN's mission, is now not only important, but essential
to permitting ICANN's to be released from NTIA's long dog-leash.