[Ws2-hr] Proposed Agenda for call September 20 1900 UTC

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Tue Sep 20 16:43:31 UTC 2016

Thanks Niels.  I have a mandatory firm meeting today that conflicts and hope to come into the discussion as time permits.  In the category of AOB, I would appreciate your adding a short discussion on how the WS2 HR group will proceed with respect to the various steps for our work  outlined in Annex 6.  In this regard,  I believe we need to set timelines and goals for understanding the elements of our work - in order to arrive at a solid FOI - HR within the one year time frame. - an FOI-HR that, in accordance with the Ruggie principles for business at 18. (b), takes into account the ICANN context and which, in accordance with Annex 6, is consistent with ICANN's existing processes and protocols.

The FOI-HR cannot be developed in a vacuum.  Per Annex 6, we must

"Consider how the interpretation and implementation of this Bylaw will interact with the existing and future ICANN policies and procedures."

I would encourage the group to keep this instruction in mind when addressing the first four principles to be discussed in today's meeting.  The issue of Consensus Policy requiring at the very minimum an Expedited PDP is a thorny one.  If what we are saying is that we expect the FOI-HR to be applied in the Policy Development Process going forward, then that is easily understandable.  It would be nice to know whether the subteam is on the same page in this regard.

Thank you,

Anne

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese

Of Counsel