[CCWG-ACCT] COMMENTS/EDITS by 17:00 UTC today - Draft statement - Frankfurt Meeting

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Thu Jan 22 21:33:44 UTC 2015

Colleagues,

One of the scenarios I was considering as part of WS4 was unlike the
rather heroic scenarios proposed by some contributors -- ICANN moves to
an undisclosed location or gunmen menace members of some periodic review
team -- suppose nothing happens?

Why fail to consider a scenario of continuity and existing
accountability mechanisms? There may be improvements we can recommend.

I'm not agreeing with a suggestion to change the text to indicate ICANN
isn't accountable, just not as accountable as some, myself included,
would like.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon