[CCWG-ACCT] PTI Funding to cover ICANN crisis

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Jun 3 15:55:57 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 03 June 2015 11:31 AM, Jordan Carter wrote:
> hi all, hi Alan
>
> First question - is this a CCWG issue or a CWG one?
>
> Some other questions...
>
> What would happen to these funds where the PTI's performance meant
> that the IANA functions were given to another entity?

Are we seriously considering the possibility that ICANN gets distraught
with an entity fully controlled by itself and decides to allocate IANA
functions to another entity not controlled by itself... This is most
amusing? Do we not have better things to consider - perhaps something
like what happens when US courts force US law and public policy
conceptions on ICANN decisions and what mockery it makes of ICANN as a
global governance body, a situation so imminent in one way or the other
that is would be quite safe to place a bet on it, at least I am ready
to. I am serious: any takers?

I cannot believe that this present process claims representativity of a
global public process, and as asserting global public interest, when it
is clearly so selective about what issue it would spend its attention so
disproportionately on and which voices and arguments fall on completely
deaf ears.

parminder