[CCWG-ACCT] Communique - revised - any feedback by midnight Argentina time

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Mon Jun 22 14:28:16 UTC 2015

It¹s just a game to him, let¹s refuse to play

Well said.

In fact, most email clients contain features that automate this process for you.

Thank you,

J.
____________
James Bladel
GoDaddy

On Jun 22, 2015, at 11:15, Roelof Meijer <Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl<mailto:Roelof.Meijer at sidn.nl>> wrote:

Dear Paul, all,

To make sure that the record, and any future historian, gets this right: I
completely agree with Paul¹s assessment of the performance and conduct of
our co-chairs and rapporteurs.

Additionally, als to make sure that both the record and future historians
get this right, let¹s all agree that volume is not equal to accuracy and
lack of contradiction does not at all means agreement.

I am of the opinion that the best way to deal with Eberhard Lisse¹s
completely unfounded, aggressive criticism  often aimed at CCWG colleagues
who, in sharp contrast, contribute enormously to our goal, can best be
ignored.
As we witness now again, every reaction to him, provokes another reaction,
frustrating us all, distracting us from our work and not getting us any
further.

It¹s just a game to him, let¹s refuse to play.

If we really want this to stop, we should deal with it in a structural
way, not by agreeing publicly that we all disagree.

Best,

Roelof Meijer

On 22-06-15 08:16, "accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org> on
behalf of Paul Rosenzweig"
<accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org<mailto:accountability-cross-community-bounces at icann.org> on behalf of
paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com<mailto:paul.rosenzweig at redbranchconsulting.com>> wrote:

Colleagues

It seems to me worth recording, for "the record" that our colleague so
frequently alludes to, some thoughts about the leadership of our group.
Given the frequency and vituperative nature of the criticism emanating
from
one corner, I would not want silence in our discussions to in any way
betoken agreement or assent.  When some future historian looks back on
these
proceedings they might mistake volume for accuracy and lack of
contradiction
for agreement.  That is most certainly not the case (at least not for me,
and I suspect for many others).

I, for one, began this process with a modest amount of optimism that it
could prove productive and a healthy dollop of skepticism that so
unwieldy a
process could be effectively managed.  In 35 years in government and the
private sector I have seen any number of committees with a much narrower
mandate and a much smaller membership flounder and fail.

We should all, therefore, reflect that our co-Chairs and rapporteurs have,
through their efforts, managed to push us along this far and this
effectively.  They have run an open and transparent process.  They have
been
inclusive.  They have moved the discussion along (perhaps too fast for
some,
but well within the bounds of reasonableness).  They have exhibited
patience
beyond measure (I, personally, would long ago have asked the chartering
organization to recall its member).  And, to their very great credit, they
have allowed the process to run without imposing their own views --
indeed,
I would be hard pressed to state exactly what they might be -- an exercise
in restraint that deserves praise.

In short, by any objective measure our co-Chairs have done a fine job.  It
has not been perfect, to be sure, but it has met every objective test of
reasonableness that one can devise.  I reject utterly any suggestion of
bias, animus, or dishonesty.  Those  are baseless puerile allegations that
reflect more on the nature of the accuser, whose views will, I am sure, be
seen in retrospect as baseless.

Regards
Paul

Paul Rosenzweig