[CCWG-ACCT] interplay between 'old' and 'new' IRPs

Burr, Becky Becky.Burr at neustar.biz
Thu May 21 18:17:50 UTC 2015

.africa is ICANN's self inflicted wound. They had an easy way to deal with this by following community developed policy in the form of the nGTLD AGB.

The question about retroactive application of a reformed IRP is complicated, but on balance I come down on the side of retroactivity. The "good faith" standard adopted by the Board as a Bylaws amendment on the Consent calendar and over the well reasoned objection of the only stakeholder group that noticed what was going on (RySG) was illegitimate to begin with and has created totally anomalous results - some panels have ignored the new standard and some have followed it.

Having said that, I also think we need much better tools to handle abusive filings more efficiently and I would love to get this conversation going

Sent from my iPad