[CCWG-ACCT] .Africa Preliminary Injunction

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:45:10 UTC 2016

Precisely Seun,

The wise say Justice delayed is Justice denied , without prejudice i
would like to understand from colleagues who are familiar with the
applicant guidebook how applicants can ignore the fact that they
signed against taking legal action on ICANN and the court finds their
actions to be ok, is this a weakness within the new gTLD process (
applicants guidebook) or do we have loopholes within the ICANN bylaws
that can be exploited?, i think it is an important point of reflection
as we move forward with the transition.

Regards

On 4/13/16, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't it interesting that a US court is able to determine that delegating
> .Africa is harmful to Africa internet users even though AU affirms
> otherwise.
>
> Things like this is what makes some to always raise ICANN jurisdiction
> issue. Nevertheless, I will recognise the fact that any other jurisdiction
> court could also act in a similar manner.
>
> That said, I had thought there would be indications on what date the next
> hearing will be (to ascertain the supposed fairness)
>
> Regards
> Sent from my LG G4
> Kindly excuse brevity and typos
> On 13 Apr 2016 5:03 p.m., "Nigel Roberts" <nigel at channelisles.net> wrote:
>
>> The 'public interest' is exactly what it says.. The global public.
>>
>> He refers SPECIFICALLY to the African internet users' public interest in
>> the judgment.
>>

>> As follows:
>>
>> On balance, the Court finds it more prejudicial to
>>> the African community, and the international community in general, if
>>> the
>>> delegation of .Africa is made
>>> prior to a determination on the fairness of the process by which it was
>>> delegated.

Barrack O. Otieno
+254721325277
+254733206359