[APRALO-Policy] My first online course - the DNS Abuse Institute

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:20:46 UTC 2023

Hey there... Great work Maureen... Like the format, pace and content
overall, *but* I (obviously) did it in EN and I am an avid and speed
reader, not sure  1- how the text heavy sections will work either for
effective translations and for the less literate in any language... Yes I
know the material was not *all* required to complete the knowledge checks,
but if the material is worthy of full inclusion, then ot should be
optimally accessible... That said nothing wrong with more audio running a
sort 'read along'  opportunity and I suspect accurate interpretation, will
smooth over some translation glitches as well.  2 - if some of the
knowledge checks and definately the pre test questions will need a
cautionary review to avoid "forced" errors again due to literacy and
language of choice for the course

Ok I did it all on my Pixel 7 mobile with no glitches or hitches and I
didn't open it in browser or as desktop site to do so, just right from the
link... So all great news there...

I agree with others, I would be reducing any pretest, and in an
introductory rather than follow on style of course, I question the utility
of pretesting at all ... you could perhaps use a *few*   "what do you
expect out of this". Or  "what do you believe..." style questions and
soften the "incorrect"  language etc., But ...   Also on the pretest I
deliberately (and that wasn't as easy as you might think) got all the
questions incorrect, and I could just continue through the course, so I
wondered if the final Knowledge Check might be a duplication of pretesting
and I could be shown the improvement but nope... So again I wonder about
the utility... If it's not a gate or base why use it...

In lesson 5 Knowledge Check question 3, is a duplicate from previous
lesson, if deliberately done ok... but ...    Also question 9 I believe the
right answer is marked incorrect and so we may be promulgate 'fake news' 😉

In Section 10 question 1 I always suggest making a negative question easier
to note, so I would  *bold*  or Capitalise *NOT*  in the question.

Also I also did an all questions incorrect so 0 score in the final
Knowledge Check and it didn't require me to retake until I did pass so I
would change that setting, (and yes I had to do a 100% retake anyway to
make myself feel better 😋)

Hey you asked for feedback 😃😘🫂😃

But seriously great job and an excellent 👍👌👍 draft of what I trust will
be a very well received course and valued resource...