[Ccwg-auctionproceeds] Draft slides for review - webinar for Chartering Organizations on the CCWG Final Report

Sylvia Cadena sylvia at apnic.net
Wed Jul 1 22:43:58 UTC 2020

Thanks for the slides Emily. My 2 cents below.

It might seem obvious, but I think is worth changing the text on the last box on slide 13 from:

Mechanism(s) are implemented
Including evaluation on funding applications, publication of results/decision-making, and decisions on allocation of proceeds

To:
Mechanism is implemented
Including launch of call for proposals, evaluation on funding applications, publication of results/decision-making, decisions on allocation of proceeds and reporting requirements

As the mechanisms are described, there is only one to be implemented, even if the CCWG recommendation covers two, so it should not read mechanisms. Based on experience, and taking into account the discussions around the importance of how the process starts and finish, I think is key to mention the launch of the call for proposals and the reporting (or M&E) requirements.

I don’t think the recommendations should be a section titled Annex, as that is really the substance of our work. Please remove the word Annex (hope that is not used on the full report either). As they are long and very wordy, it might be useful -for the purpose of a slide deck- to highlight at least in bold the more important part of the recommendation (on #1 for example is the part where it says mechanism A or B). Maybe worth adding some of those nice icons that were used around the presentation to illustrate this a bit.

At some point, we talked about doing a diagram that described the flow of how those recommendations go together. It will be really useful to have something like that, so that people can understand the process and the considerations better.

The questions that were considered might go to the end of the presentation, as those are part of the charter, to be used as a reference about from where the recommendations come from.

Regards,

Sylvia

Sylvia Cadena | APNIC Foundation - Head of Programs | sylvia at apnic.net | http://www.apnic.foundation
ISIF Asia, WSIS Champion on International Cooperation 2018 & 2019 | http://www.isif.asia | FB ISIF.asia | @ISIF_Asia | G+ ISIFAsia |
6 Cordelia Street, South Brisbane, QLD,  4101 Australia | PO Box 3646 | +10 GMT | skypeID: sylviacadena | Tel: +61 7 3858 3100 |  Fax: +61 7  3858 3199
* Love trees. Print only if necessary.