[Comments-cyrillic-lgr-17oct17] Comments from the Armenian Generation Panel on the "Proposal for a Cyrillic Root Zone LGR"

Igor Mkrtumyan imkrtumyan at isoc.am
Tue Nov 21 12:14:10 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

The Armenian Generation Panel (ArmenianGP) congratulates the Cyrillic Generation Panel with the great job done in developing the proposal.

The ArmenianGP agrees with the following Armenian homoglyphs included in the Proposal for a Cyrillic Root Zone LGR:

Armenian glyph

Armenian code point

Name

Cyrillic glyph

Cyrillic code point

0570

ARMENIAN SMALL LETTER HO

04BB

0585

ARMENIAN SMALL LETTER OH

043E

However the ArmenianGP proposal contains the 3rd homoglyph as shown below, which we consider visually confusable.

Armenian Letter

Cyrillic Letter

ա U+561 Armenian small letter AYB

ш U+448 Cyrillic small letter  SHA

Correspondingly we propose to add this homoglyph to the "Proposal for a Cyrillic Root Zone LGR".

At the same time we think that the rest of the Armenian glyphs included in the "Appendix D: Confusion tables across scripts" can hardly be confused with the corresponding Cyrillic glyphs.

With best regards

On behalf of the ArmenianGP

Igor Mkrtumyan