[Comments-gnso-rpm-pdp-phase-1-final-recommendations-07apr21] Contribuition

Saymon saymon at federalnic.fed.rep.br
Mon Apr 26 11:41:23 UTC 2021

The Federal NIC, operator of the ccSLD .fed.rep.br (FEDerative REPublic
of BRazil), publishes our contribution to the "GNSO Review of All Rights
Protection Mechanisms in All gTLDs Policy Development Process Phase 1
Final Recommendations for ICANN Board Consideration".

1 - ICANN should implement balance on the Internet, releasing the
inclusion of new gTLDs in the root zone only when necessary.

2 - ICANN should adopt a multisectoral model for the development of new
rules, not ignoring domain registrants.

3 - Implement pricing rules and define the maximum price limit that the
domain can be charged by the Registry.

4 - Implement differentiated rates for gTLDs, separating gTLDs into:

A) legacy gTLDs (as public assets, of public interest and for public
use), always bidding to avoid monopolies and maintain operational
quality, which favors the entire global community.

Example: .com, .net, .org

B) gTLDs of public interest. These are the gTLDs that are important to
the global community and should have low collection fees and increased
protection from ICANN for the maintenance of their operations. We also
recommend that you bid periodically.

Example: .lgbt, .ong, .hiv, .med, .web

C) gTLDs with no public interest. These are gTLDs that are not out of
use and have no public interest by GAC, CCNSO, users, the third sector,
registrants and registrars.

Example: .ooo, .final, .uno, .page

Graciously,

Federal NIC