[Comments-org-renewal-18mar19] Removing caps on .org, .info., .biz top domain prices

Naomi Jacobs and David Schwartz artsypoets at art2uplift.com
Thu Apr 25 16:28:28 UTC 2019

It is our understanding that there’s a discussion regarding the removal of price caps on .org, .info, .biz top level domains. We have all our domains registered with Namecheap. We have a .org domain ourselves. If you remove the price caps, here’s what will happen. People like ourselves who have trouble feeding ourselves, much less maintaining a domain name will have to close up shop. In our case, our domain bipolaradvocacy.org warns against the practices of a very unscrupulous psychiatric institution in Colorado. We just renewed the domain, but may not be able to keep it aloft if a price cap were removed. There are many other charitable and business organizations whose brand and very existence are tied to their top level domain. If you remove price caps, you will be responsible for their demise. Is there not enough greed in the world? Enough! Keep the price caps indefinitely!

Sincerely,

Naomi Jacobs and David Schwartz
(314) 363-8087
artsypoets at art2uplift.com