[community-finance] Durban Public Finance Session

Taryn S. Presley taryn.presley at icann.org
Fri May 31 17:36:33 UTC 2013

All:

In preparation for the Durban Public Finance Session (tentatively scheduled for Wednesday July 17, 2013 11:00AM), we are soliciting your feedback on items to be included in the agenda.  The following have been identified as potential agenda items:

*         FY14 Draft Budget

o   SO/ AC Requests - overall results and implementation approach

o   Public comments overview - address major areas of focus/ concern

o   Review budget development process improvement- post mortem on FY14 budget process and next steps for FY15 budget process*

*         Future Financial Reporting

o   FY13 Actual vs. FY13 Budget and FY12 Actual w/ variance analysis - to be published by the Buenos Aires meeting

o   Quarterly public reporting - format/ content currently under review with the BFC

*         New gTLD Program Update**

* Similar to last year, we would like to form a working group to help formulate a better process for the development of the FY15 budget; one that allows more interaction with the community.  In preparation for this, we would like the community's feedback on having a separate 60 minute "kickoff" session to discuss budget development process improvement.   The purpose of this session will be to define the working group goals and gain consensus on the best approach to facilitate the working group (calls/ webinars/ etc.).

**The New gTLD program update may be included in the New gTLD Session rather than the Public Finance Session.

Will you please provide your feedback on the above agenda items as well as items not listed that you feel should be addressed during the session?  We will consider all recommendations, however given the 90 minute timeframe (including Q&A) all may not be included in the final agenda.

Will you also please provide feedback on having the 60 minute budget development process improvement "kickoff" meeting?

Thank you in advance for your strong support.

Best regards,
Taryn

Taryn Presley
Manager, FP&A