[council] Annual Meeting now Tunisia?

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Mon Sep 22 00:50:04 UTC 2003

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for alerting us to the date of the 2003 Annual meeting.

Note also that under the transition article of the bylaws:
Article XX, section 5, clause 8:

"In the absence of further action on the topic by the New Board, each of
the GNSO constituencies shall select two representatives to the GNSO
Council no later than 1 October 2003, and shall provide the ICANN
Secretary written notice of its selections. Each constituency shall
designate one of those representatives to serve a one-year term, and one
to serve a two year-term. Each successor to those representatives shall
serve a two-year term."

The 1 October 2003 date looks unachievable.

I recommend each constituency commence arrangements to elect the two
GNSO representatives as above, with the aim of completing the process by
the end of the Annual Meeting in Tunisia.  I also recommend that each
constituency  select an additional representative as a reserve, should
the Board approve the recommendation from the GNSO Council to allow 3
representatives until such time as the performance of the GNSO Council
can be reviewed.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin