[council] GNSO review - principles for discussion

Robin Gross robin at ipjustice.org
Sun Nov 12 13:36:36 UTC 2006

The suggestion that we can selectively disregard the Bylaws and decide
amongst ourselves how much each of our votes should be weighted came as
quite a surprise to me too.  I need to be convinced (with an
authoritative text such as Bylaws) that we have this authority to pick
and choose when weighted voting applies.

Also, I do not agree that this issue is NOT a policy decision and
therefore weighted voting should not apply (assuming we have the
authority to disregard weighted voting on "non-policy" issues).  I think
we all know that "architecture is policy" so I don't see how the make-up
of the GNSO policy council is NOT a policy decision.

Robin