[council] GNSO related meetings and evnts in Lisbon

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Sat Mar 17 19:21:46 UTC 2007

Quoting Sophia:

> I note in particular that the IDN observer discussions are to take
> place on Sunday Morning.

Are the meetings on Saturday and Sunday morning intended to be wrap-up
meetings of the RN and IDN working groups, or are they intended to mark
the commencement of Council's consideration of the finished w.g.
reports?  I had assumed the latter, with the presence of any w.g.
members or observers who are able to attend providing useful
opportunity for the rapid clarification of any questions that
councilors may have.

I note that the RN draft report is 125 pages long, and even if the IDN
report is significantly shorter (I have no idea how extensive Ram
intends for it actually to be). Council giving these reports the
consideration that they deserve can easily fill the weekend slots. If I
have misunderstood their purpose, we don't just need to consider
rescheduling them, we need to shoehorn additional time into what
already appears to be a saturated agenda.

/Cary