[council] draft of 1 slide report

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Jun 26 08:05:38 UTC 2008


Thanks for the reply.

I am not sure I now what you mean about "comment period ended  
yesterday"  While we had an informal comment period, we did not have a  
formal ICANN comment period.  And I thought that yesterday we decided  
to ask for a formal comment period.

While it is true that we could decide in the absence of a Board  
decision, my understanding from our meeting the other day was that  
several constituencies, at this point were uncomfortable with making  
any decisions on process until they knew the final substance of the  
Board's decision.

- how about: Tabled until next meeting.  Waiting for end of formal  
comment period and board decision.

In relation to the IDNC comment, the council has not yet considered  
whether or in what way we will consider this, so I am not sure how I  
can say we will.  Also I am not confident that the council is anywhere  
close to consensus on this issue yet.


- how about: other definitions moved to a future PDP effort dealing  
with related policy issues.

thanks for the comments


On 26 Jun 2008, at 08:35, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> Avri,
> Note that the comment period ended yesteday for GNSO Improvements so  
> you
> might want to change the second bullet to say "tabled until after
> board decision", although I don't recall us being that specific.  What
> if the Board decision takes several months?  It seems to me that we
> might be able to take a vote on the plan at one of our next two  
> meetings
> regardless of whether the Board decision was made; the vote could be
> again delayed but we would at least consider like we did yesterday.
> Under IDNC, do we want to note that the issue of county/territory IDN
> names will be considered further in response to GAC concerns.  I
> personally think this would be good to communicate but am comfortable
> with your decision.
> For IRTP, I suggest you change "other definitions pulled from PDP  
> until
> related issues can be resolved"  to "other definitions moved to a  
> yet to
> be initiated PDP".
> Chuck
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: owner-council at gnso.icann.org
>> [mailto:owner-council at gnso.icann.org] On Behalf Of Avri Doria
>> Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:13 PM
>> To: Council GNSO
>> Subject: [council] draft of 1 slide report
>> hi,
>> SO reports are down to one required slide.
>> here is my draft.
>> comments welcome, though there isn't much time.
>> a.

More information about the council mailing list