[council] Feedback on Open Joint Sessions in Cairo

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Nov 12 00:53:35 UTC 2008

Hi,

The Thursday GNSO meeting came up with some concrete proposals that I
passed on to the other chairs.

In essence the GNSO suggestions have been accepted:

Format for first meeting

- a round table format with constituency and region representatives
(each of the ACSOs figures out its own mix).  How this is done remains
to be discussed.
- 3 important bullets on the topic(s) from each of the ACSOs published
before the meeting
- Ranking of the priority of the topic(s) within the ACSO is also
published

Same sort of schedule

- first meeting at the beginning of the week to share opinions
- second meeting at the end to share feedback (this one might still
invovle chairs) we did nt discuss it.

Topic has not been set yet.  Various sub-themes from 'fees' was used
as an example during the meeting.

So we essentially did as you recommended already, although if there is
more to say, or if I missed the point, we can certainly go further.
In that case I wold recommend a drafting team approach, with those who
want to flesh the idea out further producing a proposal for the
Council to consider.

a.