[council] Re; Impovements plan - a comment on the compositon of the OSC

Gomes, Chuck cgomes at verisign.com
Fri Oct 10 12:22:46 UTC 2008

I don't think I would oppose this amendment as along as 'the
requirements that need to be met to achieve this status' are clearly and
objectively defined to include reasonable evidence that the group would
be representative of a larger community stakeholder group.  Some of the
reasons against adding this amendment are: 1) the SCs could become too
large to be effective; 2) it depends on a definition that we will not
have until after we act on the motion; 3)the real work on implementation
is going to happen at the Working Team level, not in the SCs, and the
Working Teams should be open to all just WGs are.

Chuck