[council] Meeting the ICANN CEO & Board in Buenos Aires

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Wed Nov 13 11:03:54 UTC 2013

Thanks Volker,

Fadi has confirmed that he will meet with the GNSO Council as part of the
GNSO working sessions.  This is scheduled for Sunday morning immediately
prior to our meeting with Theresa Swineheart.

He is expecting to discuss with us the changing landscape of international
governance.  In particular, I indicated that we would want to discuss the
links with and implications for the GNSO and the bottom-up,
multi-stakeholder processes within the ICANN model.

The session with Fadi, followed by the one with Theresa should give us the
opportunity to really discuss some of the key strategic issues and their
potential impact for our work within the GNSO within the broader context.

A theme or set of topics for discussion with the board is still work in
progress but I am definitely expecting to get some form of update on the
thinking regarding board commissioned reviews and the GNSO Review in
particular.

Jonathan