[council] Singapore Agenda Item: New gTLDs, Subsequent Application Rounds

Bret Fausett bret at nic.sexy
Tue Mar 18 13:23:41 UTC 2014

>  this item seems premature.

Mikey,

My first inclination was to submit a motion for a PDP, but I thought that might be premature because this issue involves many pieces and no one has thought much about it to date. So anticipating this concern, I thought it best to simply open the issue for discussion so we can collectively think about what aspects of the program we need to address, whether this requires one or multiple issue reports from ICANN, and one or multiple PDPs. This is really just a discussion item for the Council to frame the next steps, and I don’t think anyone needs to have a constituency position on the substance yet.

           Bret