[council] Action items GNSO Council meeting 19 March 2015.

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Tue Mar 24 09:20:10 UTC 2015

Dear Councillors,

Please find the action items arising from the Council meeting on 19 March 2015. Please let me know if they have been correctly captured or if there are any others that need to be added.
Item 2: Opening Remarks / Review of Projects & Action List
Action items arising from the Action List.<https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/Action+Items>

Buenos Aires Meeting planning
Commence planning for ICANN53 Buenos Aires meetings - Jonathan Robinson and David Cake working with GNSO Policy and Support staff.

GNSO Review of GAC Communiqué

*        Carlos Raúl Gutierrez and David Cake volunteered to help Volker Greimann review and populate the template<http://gnso.icann.org/en/gnso-gac-review-24feb15-en.pdf> using the Singapore GAC Communiqué and identify potential topics subject to existing policy recommendations or future policy work.

*        The proposed sign off date for this work is the next Council meeting on 16 April 2015.

*        The output of the GNSO Review of the GAC communiqué is intended to be sent to the ICANN Board with the GAC on copy.

*        Jonathan Robinson committed to reach out to the GAC chair and vice-chairs and inform them of the process and provide the opportunity for any feedback from the GAC.

Item 3: Consent agenda

Council confirmed the selection of the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues (PPSAI) Working Group for a facilitated face-to-face meeting at ICANN53 in Buenos Aires.
Action Item:
Convey the outcome to the Privacy and Proxy Services Accreditation Issues (PPSAI) Working Group

Item 7: UPDATE - Progress of the PDP Working Group on IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protections
Action Item:
Propose a motion for the next Council meeting on 16 April 2015 seeking to modify the IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection Working Group's charter to accommodate the request as detailed in the explanatory email<http://gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/council/msg17132.html> sent to the Council list on 16 March 2015.

Item 8: UPDATE - Progress of the Discussion Group on New gTLD Subsequent Procedures

Action Item:
Bret Fausett committed to send to the Council mailing list the chart which lists the issues for future work so that the different groups can provide their input.

Staff to provide the necessary information, on the Council mailing list, as to how participants can join the New gTLD Discussion Group.
Item 9: UPDATE: GNSO Review
Action Items:
Comments are still welcome and be sent directly to Jennifer Wolfe or through a constituency/stakeholder group representative on the GNSO Review Working Party.

Update on the GNSO Review Progress be added to the agenda for the GNSO Council meeting on 21 May

Item 10: DISCUSSION: Working Group Self-Assessment Survey
Action Item:

Send the report to the GNSO Review Working Party for the attention of the Westlake Review team.
Item 11: DISCUSSION - Issues for Possible Referral to the SCI
Action Item:
Defer this item to the next Council meeting on 16 April 2015 for Council to decide whether or not to refer these items to the SCI for further work.

Item 13: Any Other Business

13.1 - CWG on Auction Proceeds

Action Item:

Call for participants to form a Drafting Team to develop a charter for a working group to develop recommendations on new gTLD auction proceeds.

Please let me know if you have any questions,
Thank you very much.
Kind regards,


Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/attachments/20150324/e22bf78a/attachment.html>

More information about the council mailing list