[council] For your review - draft motion and approach CCWG-Accountability

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Thu Feb 25 22:49:36 UTC 2016

Thanks, Ed.

I think we always assumed we would go this route, but wanted to leave the option open.  Appreciate you getting in front of this.

Thanks-

J.

From: Edward Morris <egmorris1 at toast.net<mailto:egmorris1 at toast.net>>
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 16:31
To: GNSO Council List <council at gnso.icann.org<mailto:council at gnso.icann.org>>, James Bladel <jbladel at godaddy.com<mailto:jbladel at godaddy.com>>
Subject: re: [council] For your review - draft motion and approach CCWG-Accountability

James/Donna/Heather,

Thanks guys for all of your hard work. This is good stuff.

I've been in communication with our Member, a few members of the NCSG PC and one other NCSG Councillor and it appears that the preference in the NCSG, at least amongst some,  is that we hold separate votes on each of the twelve recommendations. I thought about holding off on letting everyone know but figured it might help for planning purposes if staff and our leadership knew of our intent.

As the wording of the Proposed Approach indicated that voting on each recommendation individually would be possible if requested by any Council member please note that is my intent to make such a request and I do not expect that intention will change between today and our open Council meeting in Marrakech.

Respectfully,

Edward Morris